Why Join Parsec Financial?
We are a family-and-employee-owned company. As of December 31, 2021, 44 employees (70% of eligible employees; 63% of all employees) are shareholders, owning 46% of the firm. We truly care about the financial well-being of our clients and our company’s success!
About Parsec Financial
Parsec is a SEC registered fee-only financial advisory firm with $4.08 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2022. Our financial advisors ― backed by a robust team of financial planners, client service specialists and investment professionals ― provide financial planning, investment management, tax planning and trust services. We also provide business retirement services to support employer-sponsored retirement plans. Founded in Asheville in 1980 by Bart Boyer, Parsec now serves 2,005 families and businesses with 78 employees in six offices across North Carolina.
Five Primary Elements of Compensation
Base salary – We use industry peer studies to set our salary ranges for all positions.
Annual incentives – All full-time employees are assigned attainable goals each year. If the firm meets revenue targets, bonus income is paid out on achieved goals.
Profit sharing plan – When Parsec succeeds, eligible employees succeed by participating in our profit-sharing plan.
Stock ownership – After one year of employment, employees are eligible to purchase stock at a discount at the end of the following year. Moreover, some employees can exchange up to 50% of their annual bonus for shares. Advisors and management participate in a merit-based plan to receive awarded shares.
Revenue credit – All eligible employees are rewarded for generating new business.
We work hard and play hard. During the day we are dedicated to our clients and the business, but we take pride in the notion that come 5pm we transition back to our other responsibilities as a parent, spouse, friend and more!
In addition to generous PTO and medical insurance, Parsec offers VTO (Volunteering Time Off). We also encourage further education by covering pre-approved costs associated with credentialing and continuing education.
As of October 1, 2021, our average employee tenure was 7 years. We provide a collaborative and positive work environment for our employees to thrive, and we have fun along the way!
Parsec Job Openings
Our current openings are below. Thank you for your interest!
We can only thrive as a company if we have the best employees on staff. We recognize that the financial services industry has an underrepresentation of people of color and women in its workforce, particularly in higher paid and leadership roles. We seek to improve the diversity of our staff as well as the inclusivity of our working environment. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race or religion. Think you’re a good fit for us, but don’t see an open position that suits you? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why.
Client Service Assistant (Southern Pines, NC)
- Assist Client Service Specialists in preparing and processing all paperwork for client transactions, including but not limited to opening new accounts, closing accounts, transferring assets, deposits, withdrawals, account title changes, address changes, etc.; communicate status of transactions to clients and the responsible Financial Advisor (e.g., when assets have transferred, when deposits are received, etc.).
- Set up and generate client reports; generate client reports for taxes and client meetings; generate other periodic reports as requested/needed.
- Maintain accurate notes and records in the CRM.
- Assist with special/administrative projects as needed.
- Cover tasks and responsibilities for other CSS/CSA and Receptionist when they are out of the office.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Office suite products.
- Experience with CRM and portfolio management software preferred.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask.
- Ability to work independently as well as be collaborative and able to work effectively with others.
- Recognizes what tasks are most critical and gives those tasks more time, attention, and energy.
- Is honest, open, and transparent.
- Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy by delivering high quality, error-free work.
- Maintains knowledge in given area of expertise.
- Demonstrates ability to work successfully in an entrepreneurial, small company environment.
- Highly adaptable to change and open to new ideas.
- Clearly delivers the information associates need to understand to perform their jobs and to feel welcome as a part of the team and organization.