Interested in taking your career to the next level at Parsec Financial? We are eager to hear from you.
About Us: Parsec is a SEC registered fee-only financial advisory firm with $2.5 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2020. Our financial advisors ― backed by a robust team of financial planners, client service specialists and investment professionals ― provide financial planning, investment management, tax planning and trust services. We also provide business retirement services to support employer-sponsored retirement plans. Founded in Asheville in 1980 by Bart Boyer, Parsec now serves more than 1,700 individuals and businesses with more than 65 employees in six offices across North Carolina.
Why You Should Join Us: Parsec is a family-and-employee-owned company. As shareholders, we truly care about the financial well-being of our clients and our company’s success! Here are some of the many benefits of joining the Parsec team:
- Five primary elements of compensation:
- Base salary – We use industry peer studies to set our salary ranges for all positions.
- Annual incentives – All full-time employees are assigned attainable goals each year. Assuming the firm meets revenue targets, bonus income is paid out on achieved goals.
- Profit sharing plan – When Parsec succeeds, eligible employees succeed by participating in our profit-sharing plan.
- Stock ownership – After two years of employment, eligible employees may purchase up to 20% of their annual base compensation in Parsec stock on a voluntary basis, which is then partially matched by the company.
- Revenue credit – All eligible employees are rewarded for generating new business.
- Work-life balance: We work hard and play hard. During the day we are dedicated to our clients and the business, but we take pride in the notion that come 5pm we transition back to our other responsibilities as a parent, spouse, friend and more!
- Benefits: In addition to generous PTO and medical insurance, Parsec offers VTO (Volunteering Time Off). We also encourage further education by covering pre-approved costs associated with credentialing and continuing education.
- Philanthropy: Giving back to the communities we work in is central to our mission. We donate 1% of our revenues each year to the Parsec Prize, our charitable grant program. This makes up half of our annual charitable giving. Moreover, employees donate their time to worthwhile organizations, including employee-organized volunteer events such as United Way’s “Days of Impact” campaign. And lastly, Parsec will match personal charitable donations up to 2% of eligible employees’ gross salary.
- Happy employees: As of December 31, 2019, the average tenure of our employees was seven years. Several of our employees (including our current CEO, President and COO) have been here for more than 15 years, which speaks volumes to our culture.