Maintaining Financial Consistency Throughout the Inconsistency of Life
The past two years have reminded us all that life ultimately charts its own course with unexpected ups and downs. It also taught us that maintaining control with sound financial planning enables life’s bumps to be less turbulent. Attaining financial security isn’t just about successfully managing day-to-day finances – it impacts the long-term emotional, physical and mental well-being of you and your loved ones. Everyone deserves the ease-of-mind that comes from attaining financial security. Let us be your financial partner and take this journey together to build a consistent financial road map that successfully navigates you through the inconsistency of life.
Parsec's Financial Planning Process
1. Understand you
2. Chart your course
3. Empower your journey through life’s stages
- Pair you with an onboarding concierge to ensure a seamless transition for the administrative aspects of our journey.
- Provide regular team reviews delivering advice, planning and investment strategies from our credentialed professionals.
- Arm you with technology that delivers security and insight to your financial situation so that you’re never in the dark.
- Deliver timely and informative educational content and events to enrich your Parsec experience.
Parsec's Investment Process
1. Choose an allocation that suits your risk/return profile
- Discuss and evaluate your financial goals
- Review your risk tolerance
- Establish an IPS/plan/path
2. Allocate equities among large-, mid and small-cap assets; diversify fixed income
- Set target weights for portfolio components
- International, domestic, growth, value, sectors
3. Complete a bottom-up analysis of individual securities and funds
- Balance sheet strength
- Growth projections
- Fund alpha
- Fund expense ratio
4. Monitor and rebalance
- Rebalance periodically to target allocation
- Sell overvalued or deteriorating securities
- Add new ideas to portfolio
Parsec's Investment Pillars
No market timing
Hear Us Explain Our Processes:
Read Our Latest Thought Leadership on Investing:
When you need to withdraw cash from your investment account and you’re told the funds aren’t available, it can be a little unsettling, particularly when you know you have more than enough to cover the withdrawal. “What do you mean, the funds aren’t available? I can see them right there!”
Probably since before you made your first dollar, you were told about the importance of investing in the stock market – about the wonders of compounding returns over time that can transform a lifetime of savings into a car, a house, and a comfortable retirement.
Parsec invests in a variety of securities for its clients. These may include mutual funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs), and individual stocks, among others. All of these investments can and do experience significant price pullbacks from time to time. While Parsec’s research committee focuses on investments it can hold for the long-term and performs significant due diligence before adding any new positions, price declines still happen. In this article we will discuss how we monitor investment securities and our process when a stock or fund does not perform as expected.
I heard about a study that found people were more likely to vote if you ask them, “are you a voter?” as opposed to, “do you plan on voting?” The way you view yourself matters. If you identify as a voter, then you are more likely to go to the polls or send in your ballot at election time. It’s the same with fitness – if you identify as a runner, you are more likely to run consistently, because it’s not just something you do, it’s who you are.
Using Our 40+ Years of Excellence to Help You Thrive
Get in touch with a Parsec Financial representative at an office near you.