Parsec Manager of Financial Planning and Financial Advisor Judson Meinhart, CFP®, BFA ™, provides guidance for this year’s Medicare open enrollment season.
Trying something new can be scary. Trying to understand all of the rules surrounding your Medicare benefits as a new enrollee can be downright frightening! In this presentation we review some of the “oops” and “gotchas” of Medicare for first time enrollees. Topics include:
• Enrollment window and associated penalties
• What happens if you’ve already claimed Social Security
• Coordinating Health Savings Accounts with Medicare
• IRMAA – what it is and what creates income that gets you there
• International travel and cruising for trouble
• Medicare scams